bake bake bake

I don't know how to begin writing this entry. Let's just say like most Singaporeans, I grew up dreaming one day I'll be successful at something. I'm all grown up now and I'm really at the stage where I feel I'm not that young to fool around any more neither am I too old to really settle down doing serious adult business.

I have too many things I want to try. Some times I feel I'm the walking meaning to the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none". Honestly, I feel like I can do one thousand and one things - picture taking, playing an instrument, being creative, writing - but I'm not exceptionally good at any of it. Not good enough to make people notice of my ability. I wonder where do I go from here?

Anyway, to add on to that long list, I've decided to include baking as one of those things I've tried and the result turned out not too shabby and I liked it. Baking was something I loathed because I hate the kitchen to be messy. I imagined the amount of mopping and washing I had to do afterwards and I although I'm a very messy person, I've come to realise I have an OCD personality with the cleanliness of my utensils, towels, kitchen tops etc before, during and after the baking process. My mum is terribly proud of me heh.

Over the last two weekends, I baked cupcakes for iftar with my family. I had mixed reviews. The young loved it but the elderly said it's too sweet. Personally, I do not like sweet cupcakes. But if it's not sweet, then it's not a cupcake right?

IMG_0496

IMG_0501

IMG_0503

IMG_0507
Ferrero Rocher cupcakes were a little too dense for a few people's liking but the chocolate was enough to make others happy. I ran out of Ferrero Rocher so I replaced it with M&M's instead. I think it worked just fine.

IMG_0508

IMG_0510

IMG_0514

IMG_0516
Among the few recipes I tried out, personally I love this one the most. Salted caramel cupcakes with salted caramel sauce and topped with salted caramel buttercream. If you love ice cream as much, you can have a scoop of vanilla ice cream to go with it mmmmmm.

2 comments: