analog bangkok 2012

This will be the last post on my Bangkok trip. It makes me want to have a list of country I would like to go next. The wanderlust effect is starting to settle into my bones ... very unhealthy I suppose but will definitely see how it goes.

23710025
Quite thankful we weren't caught in any rainstorms. I took this picture after our power walk from Siam Paragon area to our hotel and was about to go down for dinner. It didn't rain but look at the traffic jam. If this was in Singapore, I would've been so impatient.

23710021
Example of a traffic jam.

23710014
Thankfully, we found this small cafe and sat down for an hour just to rest our legs.

23710015
Vanilla caramel.

23710017
Hehehehehe, hi my love. I miss you so. I have to dilute this four times with mineral water though. I think the only time I didn't have to dilute my iced milk tea was when we had 30 baht murtabak and roti prata with it. The open air shop was in a street somewhere near the mosque area. Ika and I walked through the dodgy streets and found interesting night market.

23710024
Remember how I wrote we were quite eager to try out the street food? We were only able to get this really nice peppery chicken/crab balls. Not very delicious but able to fill up just nice before meal time.

23710023
Also remember how I wrote I ate this very strange kind of chicken sausage? Here it is! The taste is really one of a kind .. very sourish the kind you think it might have gone bad after long exposure to the sun (but I didn't have any tummy ache after eating this though). Ika didn't enjoy the taste and left everything for me. I could've dump it in the bin but I decided to finish it up and the taste kinda grew on me. Now I feel like eating a piece of this.

23710022
I don't know what is this. We wanted to buy it but they gave us some salad instead without these crabs. I don't know what they do with it or if people are supposed to eat it raw? Interesting things we don't have answers to it.

23710010
2012 travelling buddy on our last day. We were glad we are finally going home yet at the same time we told each other how much we will miss the place. We definitely didn't want to go back to our routined lifestyle.

The thing I really like about travelling is that we are able to run away just for a little while from our own life. For a moment it feels like time stopped for us to have a little breather and have fun. Life still goes on as usual for so many others. Unfortunately, as soon as my flight touched down in Singapore, I received a news that a cousin of mine was in critical condition in ICU and then she passed on in the early morning the next day. I didn't get to visit her at all and the last time I saw her was a few months ago. It is a very shocking news and most definitely it serves as a big reminder to me that life is too short..

1 comment:

  1. Others may write from the head, but he writes from the heart, and the heart will always understand him. Cheap Flights to Bangkok | Flights to Bangkok | Cheap Air Tickets to Bangkok

    ReplyDelete