how i try to stay oil free and acne free

Yoohoooo! This is going to be the first time ever I am going to post something that is beauty related. Disclaimers before I proceed, I am definitely not an expert and I am not a beauty guru or an enthusiast. I'm here just to share what works for me and my search for the perfect skincare products is never ending.

Some brief description of my face: I am a VERY oily person. I know of people who tend to get oily on certain parts of their face like their T-zone or cheeks. For me it's a very frustrating thing having to handle oily skin because I am very oily on my forehead, cheeks and chin.

Other than being oily, I used to have acne for 3 years and those years were definitely the worst. I've had family members being overly concerned about my skin condition and to make everyone and myself happy, I went to the dermatologist and was put on a course of oral antibiotics and topical cream for a period of 6 months. Once completed, my skin would remain clear for another 4 months or so and then the acne came back again.

I went through another 3 courses of antibiotics and I decided I do not want to depend on oral medications any more.  I tried out skin care products that claimed will combat acne. I went through products from high end brands to the ones we can get in our drug stores but nothing works. I switch products immediately if my skin breaks out or if it is too drying for my face.

Finally and after so long, a colleague at my work place recommended me to try out a pharmacy only skin care brand that will help for acne AND oily skin. I've been using these products for almost a year now and I use other skin care products additionally just for further control of oil.

My day moisturizer I've been using for almost 8 months now. The best thing about this is that it is oil free and it's consistency is super light. It doesn't feel heavy on my face and when I put this on sometimes I tend to forget if I've moisturized for the day or not. I use the whole range of products in this line, including the AHA facial wash which I love very much and also its toner. I don't see this being sold in drug stores but it's not a problem for me since my work place has it.


Favourite, favourite, favourite moisturizer ever. Oil control, matte and it has SPF in it. What does that mean? Shine free face the whole day! I very well know it's a day moisturizer but I use it in the night time instead. I put this on and then slap on my Naruko Night Gelly mask. When I wake up the next day, I feel my face completely matte and my night mask is being completely absorbed into my skin. Major love except the only thing I cannot stand is probably the smell when I first took a whiff ugh. I wish it was nicer smelling but for what it does to my face, I can't really complain.

I think people everywhere might have heard of Naruko products. There's a hype about it in Taiwan but the only product I used and repurchased so far is the Oil Out Tea Tree Night Gelly. It is a leave on mask so there is not a need to rinse it off after application. I love the smell of it actually and how soothing and cooling it is when I apply it to my face before I go to sleep. It helps to correct the water-oil balance in the face and that it helps to absorb the oil and leave moisture in the face. 

I don't know what will I do without these products because I feel that the combination of these above products for now is sufficient for my acne prone and oily skin. I feel that I've come a long way struggling with acne and oily skin and it makes me very happy when people say that my skin has gotten so much better.

Thank you for reading this post. I am slowly trying to get into cosmetics (le gasp) and that  my friend, is going to be another journey that will be documented much later hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment